Murambinda in Eastern Highlands, Zimbabwe, offers a unique blend of rural charm, community spirit, and growing innovation in Zimbabwe. This guide delves into the town’s history, geography, attractions, and resources, catering to both Zimbabweans and international visitors seeking an authentic Zimbabwean experience.
Location and GPS Coordinates
Murambinda is situated in the Buhera District of the Manicaland Province, located in the eastern part of Zimbabwe. Approximately 140 kilometres (87 miles) southwest of Mutare, the provincial headquarters, Murambinda, is a key town with strategic regional importance.
Murambinda stands as one of the two designated urban areas in Buhera District, alongside Birchenough Bridge. The town hosts Murambinda School and Murambinda Mission Hospital (MMH), managed by the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary under the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Harare.
Connecting with Murambinda Town Council
For any inquiries or concerns, you can contact the Murambinda Town Council at:
- Phone number: +263 21 2284
- Fax number: +263 21 2287
- Website: Murambinda Town Council website
Schools In Murambinda
Murambinda provides primary and secondary education through several schools:
- Murambinda Government School
- Murambinda High School
- Maneta Primary School
- Murambinda B Secondary School
Lodges in Murambinda
While Murambinda doesn’t have a plethora of luxury hotels, several comfortable lodges and guesthouses offer a taste of local hospitality.
Things to Do in Murambinda
Embark on an enriching experience in Murambinda with these activities:
- Immerse yourself in history: Visit the Murambinda Mission Hospital and learn about its impact on the community.
- Embrace nature: Explore the scenic Eastern Highlands, hike breathtaking trails, and witness diverse wildlife.
- Connect with the community: Engage with local artisans, visit vibrant markets, and experience traditional Zimbabwean culture.
- Support local innovation: Learn about the “Murambinda Works” initiative and its role in fostering digital literacy and entrepreneurship.
- Relax and unwind: Enjoy the serene atmosphere, indulge in local cuisine, and immerse yourself in the peaceful rural setting.
Murambinda’s Trivia Tidbits
- Did you know? Murambinda Mission Hospital was one of the first healthcare facilities in Zimbabwe to utilize low-cost technology for testing HIV viral loads.
- The town’s name, “Murambinda,” translates to “place of the gathering” in the Shona language.
- Murambinda is known for its annual agricultural show, showcasing the region’s farming produce and livestock.